Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Working on the Hot End assembly

RobertM
(@martin474hotmail-com)
Topic starter  

This topic is created as a discussion board for questions and information about the hot end.  

RobertM
(@martin474hotmail-com)
Topic starter  

To Kywoo3D:  Please post the instructions or specifications for replacing the stock hot end with the all-metal hot end.

Problem:   

I re-assembled the hot end with the "all metal" part, realizing that I did not take note of the height difference between the extrusion tip and the auto-leveler tip.   Unfortunately, I ended up destroying the extrusion tip while running the "auto-level test" print.   It skidded around on the tempered glass for a minute before I managed to get the z-axis adjustment going to lift it off the plate. 

Question:  

1. What is the height relation between the extruder tip and level sensor tip in the correctly assembled unit?

2. The two extruder components mate as they are threaded from opposite sides into the heater block.  Where in the block (e.g. the middle?) should the interface be?   If one arbitrarily threads either component all the way into the block, the remaining opening depth on the other side is insufficient to mount the second part.  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Joyce Lin
(@businesskywoo3d-com)
Member Admin

@martin474hotmail-com pls check the attached file, it is the all-metal hot end specification you need. here is the guide video of replacing the all-metal hot end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu97zFVB6AA

ReplyQuote
Keith White
(@keithawhiteoutlook-com)

Hi I have the all metal hot end back in its box all blocked up. I installed the hot end and it leaked and blocked either at 5 min , 30 min , 2 min intervals ie random times. I eventually saw that there was a burr from where the filament hole was drilled through stopping a good seating and causing the leak. I fixed this and still get blockages causing filament slippage. I have not managed to get a single print done with the hot end, going back to the ptfe tube fixed the problem, 3kg of PETG so far without problems using ptfe hot end.

ReplyQuote
jcg
 jcg
(@p21-jcggmail-com)
Eminent Member

Keith,

I had the same problem too so revert to the original hotend...

ReplyQuote
AdrianTionut
(@adriantionut)

Well anyone know on what material works the All-Metal ?

ReplyQuote
John Kes
(@johnkes)
Eminent Member

On their KickStarter page they say:

"The all-metal hot end will not be mounted, backers need to install themselves when they need. Since not everyone needs to print ABS/Nylon. And the PTFE-lined hot-end is good for PLA."

I have used the PTFE-lined one for TPU.

ReplyQuote
Share: