Clear all

Serial Port excessive resend ratio

jcg
 jcg
(@p21-jcggmail-com)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello Everyone,

I've just read a comment on official Facebook about serial communication problem. I don't have a Facebook account and don't plan to have one, I would like to share here my personal experience.

I also noticed an excessive resend ratio when printing files via the serial port (either Cura or Octoprint)

As an example, I loaded the very small file "Auto-leveling Test.gcode" that is on the Kywoo micro SD card (10.4KB) and you see that the error ratio is already 7%). It goes up to 12 to 15% with larger files. I think it's some kind of weakness of the motherboard serial port ?

Have you experienced the same problem too ?

Demone
(@504705968qq-com)
Eminent Member

Hello, you can move the router closer to the printer, because the WiFi is far away and the data will be lost.

ReplyQuote
jcg
 jcg
(@p21-jcggmail-com)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi Demone,

Have you looked at the file (picture) ? We are talking about Octoprint on a Raspberry 3B connected via a short cable to the printer. The raspberry is wired networked.

So we are not talking about wifi transmission here

ReplyQuote
Demone
(@504705968qq-com)
Eminent Member

You transmit via Octoprint, and transfer via Octoprint in the middle (not directly using the network cable for transmission, but via Octoprint). I’m not sure if it’s caused by Octoprint.

ReplyQuote
jcg
 jcg
(@p21-jcggmail-com)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yes, you are right in the sense that the file is transmitted from Octoprint to the printer via the USB port. So I understand that "Octoprint" could be suspected. I just want to let you know that the same "Octoprint" (means software AND hardware) has no problem with my previous Creality CR10S...

ReplyQuote
Demone
(@504705968qq-com)
Eminent Member

Currently this is only a trial version and has not been professionally tested, so it is normal that there will be bugs

ReplyQuote
jcg
 jcg
(@p21-jcggmail-com)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @504705968qq-com

Currently this is only a trial version and has not been professionally tested, so it is normal that there will be bugs

Sorry but as English is not my native language, does that mean you acknowledge that this is a bug in current firmware of the printer on which you are working on ?

ReplyQuote
Share: